Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sad day...



This is a little late... ok a lot late but hey, its here!  About 6 or 7 weeks ago Konner was hanging out with all his best buddies (also known as cousins) while I was at work. He was riding his bike at the park and wrecked. I got a phone call around 1 to tell me he had fallen. I asked if he was ok, if his arm was swollen, if i needed to leave work to take care of him... you know, the norms for a mom. Joyce said he was ok and he was playing but she would call if anything changed. I got there to pick him up around 5 and things had definitely worsened. His poor little elbow was swollen and he had been crying. I carried him to the car and drove straight to my parents house since my dad has dealt with 7 broken arms between him and my two brothers. He touched it, very gently, looked it over and said, "You need to get him in, I will be very surprised if it is not broken." So...since I have always
 listened to my dad (haha) I took him in.

It happened to be Presidents day and every thing was closed except instacare. I got there and there was a 3 hour wait!! So I put his name on the list and took him to Wendy's to get some dinner. Long wait cut short.... He had to get X-rays done to find out it was indeed broken. He had an ulnar fracture right at the elbow. They put him in a splint and a sling and said call your Dr. and he will decide if he wants to cast it or leave it in a splint since elbows stiffen very quickly. Dr. Thompson decided to cast it... Konner picked a blue cast and wore it for 31/2 weeks. He was so nervous to get his cast off because people had told him they cut it off with a saw. When we got there Dr. Thompson explained everything to him and he relaxed a bit. Konner is doing pretty well with the cast off.... we just have to make sure he gets it all the way straightened out with in the week.
 





No comments: