Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mixed emotions

Well, I decided that since Zaydee is begging me to potty train her..... I better make it so she can get out of her bed to go potty. So off came the front of her crib, and on went the "little" railing. I am having such a hard time with this because I feel like my baby is not a "baby" anymore. She is such a BIG GIRL. She can get in and out of her bed, swing from the bar, and tuck her dolls in her big girl bed. She loves feeling like a big girl and I HATE it. After I put her to bed I cried because this was a huge realization for me.... MY BABY IS A BIG GIRL. The worst part is, I have to act as excited as she is and that is hard! Konner got to have a sleep over at grandma Tucker's house last night and Zaydee wanted to call him and tell him about the bed! He was so excited for her and couldn't wait until we got home from church so he could see it. He gave her a love and said, "Wow, Zayd! Now you are a big girl!" Ugh... This is the first big hit! I now have a Big Boy and a Big Girl.... not a big boy and a baby girl. Well I am going to try to get over this quickly so.... here are some pictures of Zaydee and her new "BIG GIRL" bed.

"Minnie, look at our new big jiral bed!" (that is how Zayd says girl)



Look how big she is!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

How fun for her!! It is hard to let them grow up sometimes isn't it? But what a sweetie Konner is!

Bradi said...

Look how excited she is!? :) It is hard when they grow up huh? The good news is that even though they are growing up, you still have a million memories with them to make! :)