Friday, November 12, 2010

Childhood memories....

Last weekend, I got the chance to take the kids to Blanding. I loved every minute of it, and so did Konner and Zaydee. I got to show them the house I grew up in. My grandma and grandpa now live in our old house, so we got to stay there. I got to take them to the Patio, a tiny little restaurant that makes the best shakes ever! Every year, our family would take a trip up to the mountains to get fire wood. My old house has a wood burning stove, so we went to help my grandparents get wood for the winter. My dad and grandpa used the chainsaws to cut the wood, and Konner would pick up the "BIG" logs and load them in the truck. Zaydee sat on a stump with grandma and ate snacks the whole time. Another thing we did every year, as a child, was rake all the leaves into big piles and jump in them. The kids and I spent HOURS doing this. Zaydee loved all the stray cats that hung around the yard. She would chase them around and pet them. I had to inform her that cats don't like being picked up by the tail. Konner loved the fact that the yard backs up to horses. He spent a lot of time sitting on the fence watching them.
I loved all the fall colors. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I got to Blanding and saw them. They were gorgeous! We took a drive by the reservoir, where I swam as a kid. It was lined with yellow trees. My grandma has the prettiest, bright red, bushes around her yard.

While we were driving around, showing the kids the town, we drove passed the movie theater. As a kid, I remember begging to go to the movies. It is a super old, one screen theater. Konner could not believe that old thing was a movie theater! 
We had an amazing time. I am so glad I got to take the kids to spend time with my grandparents. I spent so much time with them as a kid, and wanted my kids to get to know them better. My grandma and grandpa loved playing and reading and laughing with the kids. We really appreciate them  letting us stay there, cooking for us, and making our weekend a great memory!

2 comments:

Bradi said...

What a great family trip! It's fun to show our kids where we came from. Those pictures are amazing, I love the red bushes, they are beautiful. :)

Andy & Alicia said...

You should have called me!! It looks like you had so much fun with your grandparents. They are so sweet.