Monday, January 3, 2011

School break

I had lots of goal to accomplish during the school break. Get my house cleaned, stay up on the laundry, get an oil change in my car, clean out my car..... Blah, Blah, FREAKING BLAH! None of that got accomplished but we have had a lot of fun! This is what we have been up to...
The kids were dying to do something fun with the cousins. Since I have been in school, we have not had a lot of spare time for play dates. So, we had all the kids over for pizza, went to see Despicable Me, and had a sleepover. It was a little crazy but super fun! (ok, a lot crazy!) haha
We went to a few movies. I got some movie gift cards for my birthday and they were well spent. We saw Tangled, Despicable Me, Yogi Bear and Megamind. The kids really liked all of them, but Yogi Bear was really not in my top favorites.  

My little sister was in a couple different plays at the Dickens Festival this year. We had a great time watching her and she did so good. Ran into some old friends, which is always fun. Well not always, but this time it was. 

I was able to go out to Springdale a couple times. I love it out there. The scenery, the shops, the friendly people, BUT most of all.... I love eating at Oscars! I went out right before the huge rain storm and it was gorgeous! The huge red rocks were peeking out of the fog, it was just drizzling, and oh my gosh..... I forgot my camera! I was sooooo bummed but, life goes on... 
I got to go again when my aunt Coni and her friend Leslie came out for a visit. Coni and I always make a trip to Springdale, every time she comes. We had so much fun walking through the shops and eating at Oscars. They have the best burgers ever!
We have really been able to enjoy each others company during this little break. There has been lots of snuggle time, game playing, puzzle building, wii playing, book reading, treat eating and much, much more. The house still looks like a tornado went through, the laundry is still piled up and my car still looks like this.... or worse
But we have taken advantage of the free time and really enjoyed each other!

1 comment:

Susan E said...

i would say let the house go - it should be your last concern. . . and the kids grow up before you know it. and love the fam pictures of you guys too