Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to you

Ugh.. I have gotten a little behind on the blogging thing. 
A quick little catch up:
My mom's birthday was August 6th and we had a fun little party. I took her to Tarzan at Tuachan and the kids got her some of her favorite treats, a book (they love to read with grandma) and a cute little willow tree figurine. 
We made her favorite cake, pineapple upside down cake.



I am sooooo blessed to live so close to my family! I loved spending the day and night with my mom on her birthday. She is AMAZING and helps me so much! Love you mom! 


My whole family (minus Mikey) went to Tarzan. I loved it! Konner really liked it too. He was constantly asking questions and laughing. I am really glad that we have such an awesome theater so close to us!
Grandma Joy, Konner and I
Happy Birthday MOM!
Konner and I waiting for the show to start!!

At the first of the summer, my grandma told me if I passed my CNA class she would take me to Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera. Well...... I passed!! While the kiddos were camping with the Eardleys my grandma got a condo and we headed to Vegas. We stopped in Mesquite and had SUPER GOOD mexican food for lunch. We got to Vegas and checked in to the Worldmark. We had just enough time to change our clothes and hop on the shuttle that took us to the strip. We picked up our tickets and went in....... HOLY COW.. our tickets were on the fourth row in the middle!! Let me just say, I LOVED IT!! The theater was awesome, the music was amazing, the sets and costumes were OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I am super glad that I got to go before it left Vegas!  We had dinner and went back to the condo to relax a bit. The next morning we slept in and then went to the Bodies Exhibit. That was a different kind of cool, but totally cool still!
They wouldn't let us take any pictures inside Phantom or the Bodies Exhibit so we only have one picture :)


2 comments:

Bradi said...

I loved, loved, loved Phantom! I can't wait to go again! :) That's awesome you passed your CNA test! So are you about done? :)

Carie said...

Yeah it was awesome!! I have this year to finish my associates and pre requisites and then 3 semesters in the nursing program. I am hoping to graduate with my bachelors at the same time as my RN. We will see how that goes though.. That is hard work! I will do an online masters program and then be done for a long while, I hope!! :) how is school going for you?! Let's get the kids together and play one of these days :)