Thursday, July 29, 2010

California Girls

When Coni was ready to go home, I got to go with her! I had just finished my finals and got to have a little mini vacation before starting school again. We stopped in Mesquite to pick up her chiminea, that she got for her birthday, and headed down the road. It was an 11 hour drive but it seemed like 20 minutes. We figured out how to solve ALL the worlds problems, we cranked the music and  sang at the top of our lungs, we made a few pit stops/potty breaks and made a few funny phone calls. I didn't take many pictures cause I was too busy having fun! (sad about it now though...)

Day 1:
slept in
watered the garden
picked the tomatoes and green beans
went to the farmers market
 shopping at Santana Row
shopping at the mall
BBQ with Ryan, Sarah, and baby Kaylee
built a fire in the chiminea
laughed for hours

Day 2:
SLEPT IN
went to Seabright beach
splashed around in the ocean
people watched
caught some rays
went to Capitolla 
walked the shops
ate dinner at Margaritaville
watched Americas got Talent


Day 3:
SLEPT IN
took my time getting ready
headed to San Francisco 
went to the Acadamy of Sciences Museum
ate dinner by the beach
froze my butt off (while wearing jeans, tennies, a longsleeved shirt and a hoodie)
went to Union Square for some cheesecake
changed clothes in a nasty bathroom
parked in a parking garage so we could walk to....
WICKED!
loved every single second of Wicked and didn't want it to end!
got home super late at night

Day 4:
got up bright and early
packed ALL my stuff up
headed to the airport to catch a 9:25 am flight
got Jamba Juice
flew back to the gates of hell (a.k.a Vegas in the summertime)
got on the St. George Shuttle
turned on the tunes
slept on the drive
HOME AT LAST!! 
 I had a SUPER DUPER fun time, BUT I really missed my kids! And when I got home, I felt like they had missed me too. They made this cute sign for me (with the help from grandma tucker)
I got them new jammies at the Disney store while I was in California and they loved them.
Zaydee got her first night gown.... that had a princess on it. She wants to wear it all day, everyday!
Konner got Woody jammies. He really likes Woody the cowboy and wears them every night. 
not the best picture... it was taken with my cell phone to forward to aunt Con!

2 comments:

Susan E said...

looks like you had TONS of fun :)

Bradi said...

It's good to get away and have a break... and always even better to come home to your kids!! :) Looks like fun!